This month, we have a few different reports that all contain themes related to the integration of data in order to provide greater visibility into business issues. For example, in large enterprises, ERP can serve as a hub for integration with a variety of technologies that enable the large organization to perform more effectively. There is also a report on how emerging technologies, such as social and in-memory analytics, are integrated with ERP. One process that can benefit from advanced integration is the financial planning process. The third report that I published this month illustrates how integrating cash flow and balance sheet data into financial planning leads to more robust forecasts. Lastly, there is a report about business process modeling, which involves integration with business intelligence in order to understand how processes can be more efficient. I hope you find these reports interesting. As always, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you would like to talk about your company’s experiences.
This report identifies the ways in which Leading large enterprises utilize ERP as the foundation of their technology environment.
- Large enterprises indicate that streamlining and standardizing processes are their top two strategies.
- Leaders are 68% more likely than Followers to have real-time visibility into all processes.
- Leaders are more than three times as likely as Followers to have the ability to share and integrate data with the extended enterprise.
- Leaders are 49% more likely to automate financial consolidation across separate entities.
- Leading large enterprises are 67% more likely than Followers to have integrated business systems that act as a complete and auditable system of record.
- Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Leaders have Business Intelligence integrated with ERP
Top performing large enterprises will be the first to extend their technology environments beyond ERP in order to take advantage of the newest advances in social business and in-memory computing. This Knowledge Brief uncovers trends.
- Leaders are twice as likely as Followers to have social business capabilities integrated with ERP.
- Leaders are 26% more likely than Followers to have in-memory analytics technology.
This report identifies why organizations take an integrated approach to planning and forecasting, as well as the benefits of a software environment that integrates cash flow and accounting data with financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting software.
- 31% of respondents indicated poor communication, coordination, and collaboration across departments and divisions.
- The Best-in-Class are 73% more likely than All Others to have the ability to integrate budgeting software with general ledger.
- Those with an integrated environment are 3.13 times as likely to have the ability to perform multi-dimensional reporting with roll-ups.
- 93% of organizations with an integrated environment are able to track actual performance against budget.
- Organizations that take an integrated approach to planning saw a 6% increase in profit margins over the past 24 months.
This report, based on a survey of 416 organizations, illustrates why organizations use Business Process Modeling solutions, their adoption rates, and the benefits of these solutions.
- 45% of respondents noted a need to innovate and update outdated ways of doing business
- 45% of Best-in-Class organizations have implemented Business Process Modeling solutions.
- Organizations with process modeling are over four times as likely to have best practice templates.
- Organizations with process modeling are 50% more likely to be able to run process simulations in order to calculate costs and timing of processes.
- Organizations with process modeling are 145% more likely to have the ability to create intelligent process routes for self-process optimization.
- Organizations with process modeling saw a 9% improvement in profit margins over the past two years.
Senior Research Analyst
Business Planning and Execution
Register now: AberdeenAccess Provides Complimentary Access to Thousands of Research Documents