It’s been quite a bit of time since I’ve checked-in with data points from my most recent reports. This month we’ve got some interesting reports about the impact of emerging technology on some of my frequent topics. There’s information around the benefits of mobile ERP, business activity monitoring, and advanced analytics. I think you’ll find them interesting. Here are the links and some sample data points:
This report, based on a survey of over 200 organizations, examines the top pressures that organizations are facing in business management, uncovers adoption rates of mobile ERP, and illustrates the benefits that mobile access can provide.
- 56% of Best-in-Class organizations enable access to ERP on mobile devices for employees, in comparison to 24% of All Others.
- The Best-in-Class are over three times as likely to have mobile ERP apps tailored for specific roles or processes.
- Organizations with mobile ERP are over twice as likely to have real-time visibility into the status of all processes.
- Organizations with access to mobile ERP are 88% more likely to enable data entry at the point of activity.
- Organizations with mobile ERP are 138% more likely to have a fully integrated view of all customer information.
- Organizations with mobile ERP saw a 17% improvement in the cycle time of key business processes over the past 12 months.
This report, based on a survey of over 400 organizations, identifies adoption trends of activity monitoring software and illustrates the benefits of implementing these solutions.
- Twenty-five percent (25%) of the Best-in-Class make improving visibility into workflows a top strategy.
- Top performing organizations are 76% more likely to have implemented Business Activity Monitoring tools.
- Organizations with activity monitoring are 3.6 times as likely to have real-time visibility into the status of all processes.
- Those with activity monitoring are 3.3 times as likely to have automated alerts based on process deviations.
- Sixty-five percent (65%) of those with activity monitoring are able to measure the effectiveness of processes in comparison to 25% of those without.
- Business Activity Monitoring helped drive a 10% improvement in operating margins over the past two years.
- Organizations with activity monitoring saw over twice the improvement in cycle time of key business processes that organizations without activity monitoring saw.
This report delves into the business value of optimizing back-office activities through better visibility of employee productivity and performance. It also provides a roadmap that enables firms to maximize their efficiency and effectiveness in the back-office.
- Integrated back-office program users enjoy significant increases in customer satisfaction rates.
- Best-in-Class organizations are 2.2 times more likely to have real-time visibility into the status of all processes.
- Best-in-Class are twice as likely as All Others (55% vs. 27%) to have the ability to measure end to end process cycle times.
- The Best-in-Class are 2.5 times as likely as All Others (33% vs. 13%) to have the ability to create intelligent process routes for self-process optimization.
- 48% of companies with integrated back-office activities use a knowledge management system.
- Organizations with BPM saw 9 times the decrease in the cycle time of business processes over the past 12 months in comparison to organizations without BPM.
This report, based on a survey of 167 organizations of all sizes, uncovers the challenges that organizations face in utilizing performance data, the steps needed to create a base-line budget, tactics for taking budgeting to the next level through advanced analytics, and the benefits of predictive business solutions.
- The Best-in-Class are 79% more likely to have implemented an EPM solution and 75% more likely to use predictive analytics.
- Organizations with predictive analytics are 3.6 times as likely to have the ability to include risk data in planning.
- Organizations with predictive analytics are 2.5 times as likely as those without to have the ability to incorporate business drivers into the ongoing forecasting process.
- Organizations with predictive analytics are twice as likely to have the ability to link performance to individual business processes.
- Organizations with predictive analytics are 90% more likely to be able to monitor business milestone achievement.
- Organizations with predictive analytics saw over twice the increase in operating margins and a 150% increase in productivity that organizations without predictive analytics saw over the past 24 months.
This report, based on a survey of 109 organizations, illustrates the need for real-time financial reporting, provides recommendations on how to create reporting efficiency, and outlines the benefits that organizations that take a real-time approach to reporting have seen.
- Thirty-five percent (35%) of respondents indicated that demand for expedited financial information delivery is their top pressure.
- Best-in-Class organizations are 62% more likely than All Others to have real-time updates to financial metrics.
- The Best-in-Class are 2.7 times as likely as All Others to have automated financial reporting including narrative analysis.
- Organizations with real-time access to financial performance are able to deliver information in time for decision-making 86% of the time.
- Organizations with real-time access to financial metrics report accurately 90% of the time (in comparison to 78% of the time in organizations without access to real-time financial metrics).Organizations with mobile access to performance data saw an 11% decrease in the time it takes to make a decision over the past year.