Be a Contributor!
Our goal is to share a range of voices and perspectives from practitioners and experts in the fields we cover. If you have insights or experiences that you believe our audience would appreciate, get in touch!
Articles submitted for consideration should seek to inform and inspire our ever-growing community of readers.
We are big fans of real-world case studies, fresh ideas, and the informed perspective of front-line practitioners. Please share!
Naturally, we always appreciate the use of relevant Aberdeen Group content – with appropriate attribution – to support your ideas or illustrate trends.
NUTS AND BOLTS
- Keep length between 300 – 1,000 words.
- Submit your contribution as a Microsoft Word document (we do not accept PDFs).
- Include a short bio and headshot along with your submission.
- We reserve the right to edit for clarity as well as to add headlines, titles, artwork, and links to Aberdeen content where appropriate.
- We follow the AP Style Guide and our editorial staff proofreads every submission for spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Submissions that require too much editing, contain an overwhelming number of errors, or openly promote the author’s product or company will be returned.
We include images with every post on Aberdeen Essentials and require that your guest post include at least one image. Screenshots need to be attributed (e.g., Screenshot taken xx/xx/xxxx of www.domain.com). All other images, including photos, charts, and infographics must also be appropriately attributed to their source.
Your submissions should include links in parentheses next to the word(s) you’d like hyperlinked. Do not insert links yourself.
You may link to your own content, but please be clear about this in your article. Also, if you have a relationship to that content’s creator or host, please disclose this relationship. Example: “My case study features Microsoft, a client of mine.”
Promotional calls to action in your post – “Like my content? Download my whitepaper on [unrelated topic]!” – will be removed. You may, however, link to your own site in your bio.
Of course, whenever referring to another article or piece of research, please cite properly and/or link to the source material.
We ask that original articles remain exclusive to our site. To discuss syndication of your content on Aberdeen Essentials, please contact Matthew Grant.
GOT SOMETHING TO SUBMIT?
Be sure you’ve read everything on this page, then email your contribution to the editorial team at email@example.com.
Once your submission has been reviewed you will be notified if and /or when it will be published.