Stigmas surrounding mental health build barriers in the workplace, and you should focus on breaking those stigmas down.
When you ignore mental health and its impact on employee well-being, you’re actually costing your company money.
Guest Post from LifeWorks.
Employees struggling to manage common disorders, such as depression or anxiety, may experience symptoms that slow down their productivity. Mental health also can directly hurt physical health and cause more sick days and higher rates of disengagement.
The infographic below – compiled by LifeWorks, an EAP that takes a holistic approach to employee assistance and well-being – focuses on these costs and offers solutions for HR professionals who want to support and help those living with mental health disorders.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights:
- Employees who are of poor health, including mental health, are less engaged.
- 50% of employees who are very healthy are engaged, whereas only 24% of those with poor health are.
- 65% of employees say workplace stress negatively impacts them.
- 42% of adults said they are not doing enough or aren’t sure whether they’re doing enough to manage their stress.
- 42% lie awake at night and 33% eat unhealthy foods.
Check out the full infographic below to find out why it’s crucial to talk about mental health and how you can provide support.