A few years ago, the question most business owners were asking was, “Is it worth the time and investment to automate office processes?” Today, it is evident that business process automation is essential for operational growth.
In 2014, Food Manufacturing published an article – “Reaping the Benefits of Business Process Automation” – highlighting some of the amazing results achieved through BPA, not just in the food industry, but across all industries.
Guest Post from Lauren Ford of Square 9 Softworks.
Case study after case study has shown benefits ranging from employee efficiency to cost savings. Today’s business leaders are not asking whether BPA is right for their firm, but how it can be used to obtain the optimal results.
Benefits to Business Process Automation
The first consideration – and most valuable benefit – of business process automation is that it saves your staff time and effort. But there are numerous advantages to automating processes beyond employee time management.
Here are a few things your company should consider when investing in the right solutions for process automation:
- Reduced Person Hours. The right automation solution will reduce the amount of labor time used to arrive at a set goal. Whether the automation is in sending out email updates or routing digital files, business process automation software will diminish the time it takes for a staff member to complete their daily tasks. This frees up their time to concentrate on more important decisions and higher priorities.
- Reduced Error. A large percentage of document processing mistakes are really user-generated errors. These arise when manually inputting data and can be as simple as inverted numbers or an unforeseen typo. With automation in place for managing documentation, there is no manual data entry required, which in return eliminates typing mistakes. Once a business document is captured in the system, its information is automatically transferred to a digital database and is used for accurate indexing and data management. This can save countless hours and, in some industries, mean the difference between effectively maintaining regulatory compliance and incurring compliance-related penalties, resulting in hefty fines.
- Operational Stability. With an automated process in place, there’s a level of stability implemented in daily processes. This eliminates situations where processing steps might be missed or documents misplaced; the automated process follows rigid guidelines for document actions, guidelines set and created by you. Your employees can thus easily perform their tasks, such as verifying information and completing daily job functions, in a scenario where the process is accurate, constant, and dependable.
- Customer Consistency. With business process automation, customers will receive the same standard care with every interaction. When a customer calls in, their specific account information can be pulled up from the digital database within seconds. This makes it easier for customers to depend on your brand and makes working with your company far more user-friendly. What’s more, with BPA your customers can trust that their sensitive information is secure and processed accurately.
- Reduced Costs and Overhead. Another area which process automation directly improves is costs. By diminishing errors and improving employee efficiency, companies often see a decrease in expenditures while simultaneously improving revenue. Business process automation solutions save companies money and labor by eliminating paper-based file management.
Where to Start With Business Process Automation
If your company is seeking protocols to streamline efficiency, the first step is in assessing your current workflow. Take a detailed inventory of your data processing analytics to see where costs are exorbitant and where delays can be diminished. This will give you a good idea of the types of goals you want to meet in your business process automation initiatives.
As Marketing Communications Manager, Lauren Ford is the dynamic voice behind Square 9 Softworks. Delivering highly effective messaging across reseller channels, end user communities, and outside agencies, Ford develops, drives and executes communication plans that effectively support Square 9’s overall marketing goals and objectives. To learn more visit www.square-9.com.